Location:, Fort Worth, Texas
CRP42_826000 Executive - I.T.
Date Posted: 11/06/2023
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state distributor, and our Beverage Division operates throughout the state of Texas as a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, craft and import beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our customers, and our employees—continuing our commitment to delivering quality since 1906.
Position Summary: The IT Project Manager - Transformation is a “hands-on” position responsible project management of a multi-year program replacing Ben E. Keith’s (“BEK’s”) core business systems. This program involves implementing SAP S4 Hana (“S4”) and operational systems such as warehouse and transportation management. The program will provide transformational opportunities supporting BEK’s current business needs and enable future growth.
Candidates for this position must have SAP S4 implementation experience working with top tier System Integrators (“SI”) and be knowledgeable of S4 capabilities from both technical and functional perspectives. The position will report to the IT Program Director (AVP – IT) and serve as a key member of the program leadership team, which includes BEK IT, BEK business/operations, SI, and solution provider resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Team with SI project manager to develop, maintain and ensure adherence to an integrated project plan.
• Identify, assign, and manage project resources to support business and technical requirements.
• Manage daily project activities across all phases of the program.
• Track program progress against schedule and budgeted spend, including resource requirements and costs associated with software, hardware, implementation services, other external service providers, etc.
• Partner with business, IT and SI workstream and process leads to ensure solution design, implementation, testing, and delivery meet BEK’s business (functional) and technical requirements, including:
• SAP S4 configuration
• Functional specifications (WRICEF)
• Integration with 3rd party solutions and internal systems
• Cutover planning and execution
• Leverage SAP business process knowledge and experience to lead the development of a comprehensive testing strategy.
• Identify and coordinate resolution of cross-functional dependencies, project issues and risks.
• Define a solution deployment strategy, hyper-care support plan and defect resolution approach.
• Attend functional and technical design, development, testing and deployment workshops.
• Prioritize, maintain and manage project activities via Jira.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or relevant discipline.
• 5+ years’ minimum experience as a project manager on large scale SAP ERP implementation projects including design, configuration/development, testing, deployment and operate phases.
• 5+ years demonstrated project management skills including ability to plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, manage, evaluate, and adjust resources, work effort, and cost for projects of high complexity and risk.
• Extensive SAP S4 functional and technical knowledge across multiple capabilities including finance & accounting, purchasing, sales order processing, data strategies and solution architecture.
• Highly effective communicator able to work collaboratively with internal BEK and external team members (onshore and offshore), as well as BEK executives.
• Critical thinker with strong analytical abilities.
• Able to solve complex problems, manage ambiguity, be decisive and adapt to unexpected change.
• Highly proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Experience with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
• Occasional (regional) travel may be required.
• Onsite position, flexibility to work remotely as needed.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees and their families.
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means considering how all our people can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor