Location:1120 Valentine Rd, Farmington, New Mexico
FAQFA_778000 Truck Drivers
Date Posted: 09/12/2023
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state distributor, and our Beverage Division operates throughout the state of Texas as a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, craft and import beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our customers, and our employees—continuing our commitment to delivering quality since 1906.
$3,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
Our market is expanding and we are in need of Route Service Associates (CDL-A Truck Drivers) for our Farmington market to support this growing customer base! As an RSA, YOU are the face of Ben E. Keith to our customer. RSAs perform product deliveries along assigned routes, and other related duties to guarantee customer satisfaction with the timely and accurate delivery of BEK products to customer locations. Your duties include:
• Inspect vehicle equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water, and request service and repairs as needed.
• Assemble orders for timely delivery to customer businesses, ensuring accurate delivery windows for each route stop.
• Place delivered products in various assigned storage locations at each route stop according to customer requests.
• Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling.
• Immediately communicate problems to the Transportation Supervisor by phone.
• Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
• Manage multiple assignments and tasks, ensuring appropriate use of time, equipment, and materials.
• Follow BEK transportation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety guidelines.
• Comply with traffic laws and obey transportation and traffic procedures.
• Follow transportation policies, DOT regulations, food/personal safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for personnel.
• Remain DOT compliant and aware of DOT changes in guidelines.
• Ensure conformance with BEK standards for professional appearance, conduct, and training requirements.
• Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to guarantee the efficiency of transportation operations.
• Review customer invoices to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, and delivered.
• Report mechanical problems, delays, accidents or other traffic situations to base location as needed.
• Turn in receipts and monies received from customer deliveries.
• Maintain records, including vehicle logs, cargo and/or billing statements in accordance with BEK policies.
• Must know and adhere to Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
• At least 1 year of route driving experience required (applicants with less than 1 year of experience may be considered / hired as an RSA Trainee)
• DOT certification required
• Valid New Mexico Class A CDL license
• Ability to understand and enforce regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of customer service principles and quality standards
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn new applications/proprietary software
• Ability to perform repetitive lifting of 50 lbs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Basic math skills required
• Strong interpersonal skills with multiple levels of organization
• Self-motivated; customer-focused
• Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented; prioritization; Innovative problem solver
• Active listening skills; Independent thinking/decision-making skills
• Commitment to Ben E. Keith company principles and standards
• High school diploma or GED
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees and their families.
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means considering how all our people can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor