Location:, Linwood, North Carolina
Date Posted: 08/29/2023
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state distributor, and our Beverage Division operates throughout the state of Texas as a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, craft and import beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our customers, and our employees—continuing our commitment to delivering quality since 1906.
The purpose of the DOT Compliance Manager is to monitor compliance with company policies and Federal Carrier Motor Safety Regulations (FMCSR) in an effort to prevent and/or detect potential abuse and to act in accordance with the policies set forth in the current Ben E. Keith Company Employee Handbook.
• Conducts daily weekly monthly and surprise audits to review required documentation to detect deviation from company policy and DOT rules in regard to Hours of Service section and Inspection, repair and maintenance section (395 and 396).
• Conducts monthly on-site review of facility records as required to assess adherence to company compliance standards in regard to recordkeeping requirements as noted in FMCSR.
• Assist fleet maintenance department in establishing proper record keeping as it relates to DVIR
• Prepares report/summary of key findings and recommendations for submission to the General Manager and other staff as appropriate.
• Interfaces with transportation department management and drivers to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures with regard to company’s DOT compliance plan.
• Establish and present to transportation staff training material related to Hours of Service, Smith Systems and DOT recordkeeping requirements.
• Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
• At least 4 years of transportation experience required
• Section 395 compliance experience required
• Working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office applications
• Valid driver’s license required
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services
• Demonstrated ability to lead without supervision
• Ability to learn and use relevant BEK systems and other software
• Bachelor's degree OR equivalent transportation experience equivalent to DOT section 395.
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees and their families.
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means considering how all our people can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor