Location:104 E. Industrial Drive, Early, Texas
BER_676000 Off-Premise Serv Rep
Date Posted: 08/21/2023
For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state distributor, and our Beverage Division operates throughout the state of Texas as a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, craft and import beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our customers, and our employees—continuing our commitment to delivering quality since 1906.
The CDL A Truck Driver - Local Route is responsible for delivering Ben E. Keith Beverages product to customers' retail locations on an assigned route. The Truck Driver - Local Route will adhere to a delivery schedule, verify the accuracy of each order, fill cooler windows and back stock, rotate product, and ensure a great delivery experience by picking up all cardboard and trash. This position will also be responsible for completing all necessary paperwork and documenting activities.
$55,000 - $62,000
• Build healthy business relationships and establish good communication with our retail customers
• Safely unload order at customer location with the aid of a hand truck (dolly), manual or electric jack
• Organize and refill back stock, coolers, beer shelves and displays
• Count, fill, and condense back stock and retailer shelf inventory
• Count and verify order completeness with customer; obtain customer signature and payment
• Maintain designated back stock area at customer location; ensure area is organized and free of trash
• Verify product order with customer to ensure accuracy • Collect payment and signature from customer upon delivery
• Check in product and pallets upon return to the warehouse, making sure the load sheet is properly completed
• Complete paperwork including the deposit of checks and money orders to be turned in to the cashier
• Refuel truck at the end of the day
• Communicate with sales staff any observed opportunities or challenges
• Perform job duties in a variety of settings (grocery, convenience, bar, etc.) and under challenging weather conditions (such as rain or snow)
• Ensure company equipment is in safe, working condition; reports any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor
• Operate all company equipment safely and in a manner consistent with company policy
• Build displays as required
• Complete a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of truck; if something needs attention document and report problem to be corrected
• Maintain and keep clean assigned company vehicle at all times
• Meet all DOT and Ben E. Keith standards of safety and compliance regarding the company vehicle as well as when driving and loading or unloading the vehicle.
• Project a friendly, professional image at all times
• Attend meetings as required
• Prioritize multiple, competing priorities
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Able to coordinate multiple activities and follow through with commitments
• Good oral and written communication skills and participate well in a team environment
• Must be highly motivated and results oriented, with a strong attention to detail
• Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
• Must be able to read and write English
• Must be 21 yrs. or older to apply
• Ability to operate/drive single axle truck with 27 ft. trailer
• Position requires a Texas Class A CDL driver’s license with a clean MVR
• Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs., stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Basic computer skills preferred
• High school graduate or GED required
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees and their families.
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means considering how all our people can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor