Breakfast isn’t confined to just the morning, as more than half of consumers (54%) enjoy eating breakfast foods at nontraditional times.
As a result, breakfast menus are expanding to include a greater variety of foods, and breakfast hours are extending beyond the traditional morning time slot.
- 20 oz. all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. water
- 5-1/2 oz. whole milk
- 3 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1-3/4 oz. granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 oz. potato flour
- 1 oz. dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant yeast
- 4 oz. OREO Medium Cookie Pieces
- 13 oz. water
- 7 oz. granulated sugar
- 1-3/4 oz. all-purpose flour
OREO Flour Mixture
- 5 oz. all-purpose flour
- 5 oz. OREO Base Cake
- 2 eggs
- 20 oz. whole milk
- 6 oz. all-purpose flour
- 5 oz. granulated sugar
- Combine all ingredients, except OREO Pieces, in bowl of electric mixer fitted with dough hook. Mix on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed 5 min. Add OREO Pieces; mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Transfer dough to clean bowl; cover. Let rise in warm place 1-1/2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Form dough roughly into loaf shape and place in 13-inch Pullman loaf pan. Cover with pan lid. Let proof 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Bake in 350°F standard oven 25 min. Remove lid. Bake 20 min. or until internal temperature of bread reaches 195°F. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 min. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Trim off 1 end of loaf. Cut loaf into 16 slices, each 3/4-inch thick. Cut each slice into 4 sticks.
- Mix ingredients until well blended. Place in shallow pan.
- OREO Flour Mixture:
- Combine ingredients in second shallow pan.
- Mix ingredients until well blended. Place in third shallow pan.
- Dip each bread stick into First Batter, coat with OREO Flour Mixture, then dip in Second Batter.
- Cook immediately in 350°F deep fryer 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until golden brown. Drain well. Plate 6 sticks per serving.